Sharing China-Made with Global Customers
Sharing China-Made with Global Customers
Straight seam steel pipe is a welded steel pipe that is transformed into a cylindrical shape after being passed through a forming machine to form a hot-rolled steel coil. High-frequency current skin effect and proximity effect or arc combustion under the flux layer are used for welding, so that the edge of the tube blank is heated, melted and finally cooled and formed under a certain extrusion pressure. It is widely used in oil and gas transportation, low-pressure water and gas transportation, mining fluid transportation, belt conveyors, automobile drive shafts and other industries in petroleum, metallurgy, construction, coal mines, ports, machinery and other industries.
Straight seam welded pipe equipment plays an important role in people's lives and work. However, the maintenance of straight seam steel pipes has always been a headache. Let’s learn about the precautions during maintenance.
Choose a suitable location and warehouse
1. The places and warehouses where steel pipes are stored should be clean, water-free, and away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases and dust. Weeds and debris should be removed on site to keep steel pipes clean.
2. Do not pile acid, alkali, salt, cement and other corrosive substances on the steel pipes in the warehouse. Different types of steel pipes should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion.
3. Large-section steel products, rails, faded steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air.
4. Small and medium-sized steel pipes, metal wires, steel wires, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires and steel wire ropes can be stored in well-ventilated material sheds, but underlays must be installed.
5. Some small steel pipes, steel strips, silicon steel plates, steel plates, small or thin-walled steel pipes, various types of cold-rolled and cold-drawn steel pipes, and high-priced and easily corroded metal product stocks can be placed.
6.Select a warehouse based on geographical location.
7. The warehouse should be ventilated on sunny days, closed on rainy days, and maintain a proper storage environment.
Reasonable stacking, first-in-first-out
1.The principle of stacking is that under stable and safe stacking conditions, materials should be stacked according to variety and specifications. Materials of different types should be stacked separately to avoid confusion and mutual corrosion.
2. It is strictly prohibited to store items that are corrosive to steel pipes near the stacking location.
3. The bottom of the pile should be high, strong and flat to prevent the material from getting wet or deformed.
4 Similar materials are stacked in the order of storage, and the principle of first in, first out is implemented.
5. For steel sections stacked in the open air, there must be wooden pads or stone strips underneath. The stacking surface should be slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and attention should be paid to the straightness of the materials to prevent bending and deformation.
6 The stacking height for manual operation should not exceed 1.2m, the stacking height for mechanical operation should not exceed 1.5m, and the stacking width should not exceed 2.5m.
7. There should be a certain passage between stacks, usually 0.5 meters wide. The approach road depends on the size of the materials and transport machinery, usually 1.5-2 meters.
8. The bottom pad is elevated. The warehouse has a cement floor and the pad height is 0.1m; if it is muddy, it must be filled with O. 2~0.5m. If it is a wilderness, the cement floor should be raised by 0.3~0.5m, and the sand and mud surface should be raised by 0.5~0.7m.
9. Angle steel and channel steel in the open air environment should be bent downward, that is, the steel pipe should be downward and upright. The channel surface of the steel pipe should not face upward to prevent accumulation of water from rusting.
Packaging and protective layer of protective materials The preservatives or other plating and packaging used in steel plants before leaving the factory are important measures to prevent materials from rusting. During transportation and loading and unloading, attention should be paid to protection to extend the storage period of materials.
Keep the warehouse clean and strengthen material maintenance
The main ones are as follows:
1.Before entering the warehouse, attention should be paid to preventing rainwater from getting wet or mixing with impurities, and different methods should be used to clean contaminated materials according to their properties. For example, available high-hardness wire brushes, cloth, cotton, etc.
2. Materials should be inspected frequently after storage. If there is rust, please remove the rust layer.
3. After cleaning the surface of ordinary steel pipes, there is no need to apply oil, but the internal and external surfaces of high-quality steel pipes, alloy steel, thin-walled pipes, alloy steel pipes, etc. must be coated with anti-rust oil.